- Meeting a lot of people who share my passion for food trucks.
- Connecting with food truck owners and food bloggers from around the world.
- Being invited to be the DFW representative to Eat St. (which was the inspiration for the blog to begin with)
- Being interviewed by the CW channel about the food truck scene
- Being part of a Splash Media SplashCast webcast.
- First having Pegaus News and now dfw.com reprint my blog posts.
- Having Mobile Food News ask me to write for them.
- Eating some amazing (and if we are being honest, some not so amazing) food.
- Having over 4100 Facebook followers and 2600 Twitter followers.
- Getting to know the truck owners, who are putting their heart and soul in to their creations every day and inspiring me to do the same.
What started out as a hobby quickly became a passion. This year has taken me beyond my original concept for the blog and absolutely outside my comfort zone on a couple of occasions. Thankfully I have a core group of people who have been there as a sounding board for the new ideas and the frustrations, you know who you are...you know how indebted I am to you.
Thank you to the thousands who read every single word I write, your comments on the blog, Facebook and Twitter make all of this fun and keep me motivated.
Mostly, thank you to the food truck owners of the Metroplex, thank you for opening your business to me, sharing your stories and mostly for keeping me fed!
I look forward to the next year of blogging, the new trucks I will visit, the new friends I will make and all the adventrues that start on the streets of Dallas Fort Worth.